Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Chernabog t-shirt

Had a somewhat stupid moment just now.  I thought I'd lost the USB cable for my camera, which was in addition to the cable for my mp3 player that I couldn't locate yesterday.  I just spent about half an hour turning my room upside down trying to find them both (and puzzling over another cable because I can't for the life of me remember what it's needed for) before I suddenly remembered that I keep my camera lead inside my camera case.  Whoops!  Silly me.

On the plus side, whilst pulling out all the magazines from under my bed I managed to find my missing Corsets and Crinolines book, by Norah Waugh.  I was so chuffed I did a little yay-I-love-this-book-so-much-dance (which mostly consisted of hugging it and swaying from side to side).  This book is THE book for corsetry and it had been missing for about a year now; I was almost at the point of thinking that maybe I'd just used one of the library copies so many times that I'd imagined I owned one myself.  But no, I wasn't crazy, IT'S MINE!

Oh, and I also found my mp3 player USB cable, so all in all, a productive half hour, even if the reason for starting it was a bit on the dumb side.

Anyway, here's my chernabog t-shirt, based on the devil from the Night on Bald Mountain segment in Fantasia, and the whole reason why I was searching for my USB cord in the first place!


And the image I based it on:


I sketched it out in chalk on the tshirt, then went over with Tulip fabric paints.  I LOVE it, Night on Bald Mountain is one of my all time favourite pieces of animation ever.

And for the uninitiated, I present to you, Night on Bald Mountain:




Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment