Monday 6 November 2017

Snow White: Part One

I'm in the midst of the final rush for this year's panto at the Mercury Theatre; 'Snow White'.  I realise that I only ever seem to blog about panto-related work on here, I promise I do make other costumes too!  This year I was tasked with making 5 costumes for the dame (called Nurse Nellie in Snow White), as well as 8 animal costumes for the junior chorus (2x mice, 3x squirrels, and 3x rabbits), and a number of headdresses for several characters, including Nurse Nellie, the Enchantress, and Muddles.

I've been onsite for the past two weeks; doing fittings and putting the finishing touches into the animal costumes.  I'm now back home and I've got two weeks left in which to finish all the dame costumes, and then I'm back onsite for tech week, so the pressure is on!

No pretty finished pictures to show you, but here's a sneak peek of some of the things I've been working on in the last few months.












No comments:

Post a Comment